Partner With Us
Creating a long-term business partnership
The Anderson Group feels strongly about partnering with both management and intermediaries to invest and build long-term value in its portfolio companies. A hallmark of The Anderson Group’s investment strategy is a rigorous dedication to align our interests with those of management to create a long-term business partnership.
Because we are in the unique position of investing our own private capital, we are able to do several things other private equity firms cannot. For instance, we have an unlimited investment time horizon. This means that we do not need or require a clear, immediate exit strategy in our investments and can hold an investment for any length of time. Thus, our management teams do not have to worry about preparing themselves and their company to be sold every 3-5 years. Rather, we encourage our management teams to focus on building long-term value at their business. Additionally, because we are not an institutional fund, we are able to structure our transactions in such a way that management gains a significant portion of equity on terms identical to those of The Anderson Group. Finally, investing our own capital allows us to avoid an approval/investment committee process which allows us to deliver a shorter closing timetable.
Partnering with Management
In partnering with management, The Anderson Group commits to a straightforward approach to investments. We are committed to effecting a transaction in the most reliable and expeditious manner possible so there is minimal disruption to business. With a long track record of successful investments over our thirty year history, we are comfortable investing in a wide array of situations and, as such, can offer comfort and reliability in closing a transaction. In addition, The Anderson Group works in partnership with management on all of the following issues to create long-term value in its portfolio:
- Strategic Planning – we refuse to make an investment without a short-term and long-term strategic plan for a business so as to maximize a business’ chances to succeed.
- Corporate Advisory Services – after closing the initial purchase, we remain dedicated to our portfolio companies and as such continuously seek, in conjunction with management, to integrate add-on acquisitions to their businesses where prudent.
- Capital Structure – we are committed to developing a prudent capital structure for each of our portfolio companies that best suits the needs of both the company and its management.
- Incentive Plans – in every transaction we believe it is important to ensure that the interests of management are directly aligned with those of ownership. As such, we offer generous equity ownership and bonus plans to the management teams of our portfolio companies.
- Executive Recruitment – although we have been successful partnering with existing management, The Anderson Group will consider introducing new management to a business where appropriate.
Partnering with Intermediaries
The Anderson Group is dedicated to making the investment process as painless as possible for companies and intermediaries alike. We believe it is of paramount importance to conduct ourselves with integrity, so intermediaries can rest assured that they and their clients will be treated professionally and courteously throughout the investment process.
Given our investment experience and because we do not need any outside approvals to deploy our committed private capital, The Anderson Group can offer intermediaries and their clients a high degree of confidence in our ability to close transactions. We also commit to quickly and professionally responding with our investment decisions regardless of the outcome. The Anderson Group is willing to pay intermediary and finder’s fees.